Thursday, January 16, 2014

SIMPLE Storage Solutions from a Non-DIY-Type!

Excellent small and skinny waste bin that I stick either under the dinette area, or up on a counter if the dog's around! I just put a recycled grocery store bag in it. From that wonderful Container Store: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/bath/wastebaskets?productId=10029993&N=72512&Nao=20

And here's the Eco Cocoon from the same store.



My sister and I discovered these after I had already outfitted the camper with containers, so I actually got some for my house. I really, really like the whole handle idea. Makes them so easy to grab hold of. Guess where from? Correct! The Container Store.

And these are my absolute favorites for the counter by the sink. They sit nicely at the back, and stack wonderfully. Plus they look nice! And they fold flat for de-camping. From that magical store again.

Here you see the bamboo shelves on the right, and they're strong enough to hold a small coffee pot, and hot water kettle. I was hoping I could get shelves that would fit the electricals underneath, but haven't found skinny shelves like that yet. 
That is the key word for the Aliner: 'skinny!'

I thought this nice corner shelf from Target: 


looked like a winner, if a little expensive at $29.99. I might get one one of these days.











On the right in my camper picture you can see this fabric bin, also from Target. I like to keep my iPad, Nook, books, pencil and pad in here where I can grab them easily at night when we're finished with being outside. We don't have a TV or a DVD player in the Aliner. We'd rather read with some quiet classical music playing. It's quite a luxury to have time to read!

Also from Target, after measuring carefully, I got clear bins for food storage under the sink. I wanted to be able to stack at least two larger ones, and two smaller ones next to them. It took some searching and shopping around with a tape measure, but I managed to get quite a nice fit in the end.


Target sells these stacking drawers in a few different sizes. I got some of all 3 sizes. The smaller ones sit on the floor while the Aliner's folded down, and on the counter next to the loo when we're set up. I have a bad back, and can't be constantly bending down to get things I need. With these drawers, they don't make the camper look dark, and I can use one for electrical cords, plumbing stuff, tools, tape, etc; one for plates, bowls, cups, silverware, utensils; and so on. The biggest ones stay in the back of the truck and we keep our clothes in them.

There are several things I really like about these TAGstore boxes from the Container Store. They are color coded and you can write or stick a label on the tags, but the best thing for me is that the lids are not tight and can be easily lifted off. Where I used them is in the cabinet between the loo and the bed. I keep things in them that I don't need to access very often like all of the manuals, a copy of the extended warranty, stereo faceplate wrapped in bubble wrap, etc.







Under one of the dinette seats we keep the Bal Leveler in a pizza bag that we got from Amazon.com, the crank for the stabilizers, the marine water hose, and stuff like that.

Under the other dinette seat is a big container, but we often don't use it because we tend to keep our clothes, towels, etc. in the back of the pickup truck under the tonneau cover, as mentioned above, rather than keep having to lift up those seats and dig stuff out.

Definitely one of the best storage ideas for a camper I've seen. I haven't implemented it yet because I haven't saved enough tic tac containers!
This picture and more details come from:












I know that people have their own favorite storage ideas, but these are some of mine, not being a handy person and not being a person who can bend down a lot and needs things high up. If any of it is of use to you, I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment